Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Babies to Go


The trailer for Stephen Soderbergh's new movie Bubble reminded me of my own filmed homage to doll-heads.



Babies to Go (2 min. excerpt, 1989)
This montage comes from the opening of "Babies to Go," the video opus I made at age 15. Unlike the plot of Soderbergh's flick, this movie serves as a cautionary tale against the ethical perils of genetic engineering. It's a comedy.

Shot on VHS, dubbed a couple generations down, transferred to DVD, captured from DVD, then compressed for the web. The video quality is... interesting. The opening slate for Marin Community Programming (the public access station on which the video aired) is absolutely precious.

Ah, analog. How I miss thee.

Wanna see some really creepy dolls?

2 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger bonita sarita said...

Babies to Go can see into my soul! YES you can help me!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Aaron Valdez said...

soda-burger owes you one million dollars!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home